Plant Sex Testing
Early Y Chromosome Detection for Cannabis Seedlings
Identify male hemp and cannabis seedlings
- In just 7 days after germination
Cull males faster than ever
- Our DNA-based method identifies the Y chromosome, making it possible to identify males at the seedling stage.
Spend less on resources and labor
- Get results in as early as 2 business days, meaning more time for production and less time waiting for your plants to flower.
Is it legal to send my samples in the mail ?
- Yes. We designed our collection methods to be legal to send across state lines. Our kits are designed to collect a DNA smear from cotyledon leaves, which means there’s no THC and no plant tissue.
NOTE: The lab is closed on weekends, so plan for your samples to arrive on a Monday or Tuesday to avoid weekend gaps.
- Expedited shipping options are available upon request for an additional fee.
Where do i send my sample to?
- With your kit you’ll find shipping instructions and shipping address.
When can I get my results?
- Results will be available within two business days of the lab receiving your samples. During peak season (March-May), results may be delayed due to high volume. You can track the status of your order within your Phylos account.
Where do I access my results?
- You can access results and the status of orders within your Phylos account.